Recipe: Filipino Caldereta by Fila Manila
A hearty tomato-based stew that’s the culinary lovechild of Philippine & Spanish cuisine. Ripe tomatoes, red bell peppers, coconut vinegar, garlic, onion, and a pinch of chili flakes are slow cooked for zesty deliciousness.
- Olive Oil
- 1 Jar Fila Manila Caldereta Simmer Sauce
- 1.5 lbs of seared & softened beef (plant-based? try strips of seitan or extra firm tofu)
- 1 cup potato
- 1 cup bell pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup of peas
1) Heat up olive oil
2) Sear the softened beef
3) Add potatoes & bell peppers
4) Pour in Fila Manila Caldereta Sauce
5) Add water to jar then shake and pour remaining sauce
6) Gently stir
7) Simmer until beef and potatoes are tender, about 15-20 min.
8) Add peas and gently stir
9) All done!
10) Serve with warm rice and enjoy!