You might have seen these purple-hued gorgeous lattes popping up in niche coffee shops this year, but did you know that Ube lattes are incredibly easy to make at home? Skip the $10 latte and make one yourself with our Ube Jam. If you like any type of other lattes, you’ll love this nutty, sweet, complex latte that you can serve hot or iced.
- ¼ cup Fila Manila Ube Jam
- ½ cup milk (use any you like, if using plant-based we recommend coconut)
- Espresso or brewed coffee: 2 shots of espresso or ½ cup strong coffee
- whipped cream: optional, for garnish
- Combine ¼ C Ube Jam with ½ C milk in a jar and heat in the microwave until warmed through. (Alternatively, you can heat the mixture in a small saucepan on the stove).
- Give the ube milk mixture a stir to ensure there are no lumps.
- Add the ube milk into a tall glass (iced) or a mug (hot)
- Top with ice if having it cold
- Pour espresso/coffee over and garnish with whipped cream (optional).
*Note: if you find the ube milk mixture a little too thick for your liking, add a little more milk.