Looking for a creative way to use that leftover Adobo sitting in the fridge? Give this Adobo Fried Rice recipe a try. It’s a delicious remix to the dish that you can incorporate into your next breakfast. This garlicky, savory fried rice will definitely fill you up in the morning, to keep you energized throughout the day.
Adobo is a classic Filipino dish, that is made with a wide variety of proteins marinated in soy sauce and vinegar. Whether you’re using chicken, pork, or seafood, you can follow this recipe to create a delightful side dish with your ulam. In this recipe, we use leftover juicy pork adobo.
To make our fried rice, start with day old rice and combine with a beaten egg, allowing each grain to become coated and golden. Scramble a couple extra eggs, fry up your leftover adobo with garlic, and set aside. Lastly, fry the rice, drizzle in Adobo to your heart’s desire, and add in the eggs and meat. Fold in some scallions as a garnish and your fried rice is served. Like it spicy? Try it with our spicy adobo, and top with some sriracha or chili garlic crisp. Fried rice is all about repurposing leftovers—feel free to add any other proteins and veggies into the mix, because adobo makes anything tasty. This fried rice is a perfect hearty meal for breakfast or lunch, best served outside with an ice cold beer!
This garlicky, savory fried rice will definitely fill you up in the morning, to keep you energized throughout the day.
- 3 eggs, divided
- 5 cups day old cooked white rice (preferably Jasmine)
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cups diced cooked breakfast sausage (or other protein of choice)
- ⅓ cup Adobo sauce, plus 2 tbsp. for serving
- (Optional) Salt to taste & chopped scallions
- 1. Break up rice on a large plate or cookie sheet. Crack one egg on top and mix well. Set aside.
- 2. Heat 1 ½ tsp. Oil oil in a large nonstick pan on medium high. Add eggs and scramble, breaking up. Remove from pan and set aside
- 3. Add 2 tbsp. oil and garlic and cook until golden brown and crispy. Add sausage and cook until warmed. Remove from pan and set aside.
- 4. Add remaining 1 ½ tsp. Oil. Add rice and cook, stirring frequently, until dried and rice is loosened. Add more oil if needed.
- 5. Add ⅓ cup Adobo sauce and stir to combine. Cook, stirring occasionally, until you get some crispy bits from bottom.
- 6. Add in scrambled eggs, garlic, and sausage. Mix well. Salt to taste.
- 7. Turn off heat and drizzle 2 tbsp. Adobo sauce and scallions. Mix well.
- 8. Serve and enjoy!
Serve steaming hot and with a tall glass of chilled OJ (or a Mimosa!) and ENJOY!