Recipe: Easy Chicken Satay Skewers by Fila Manila
Marinated peanuty chicken satay skewers - tender and juicy, with a lightly charred finish - served with a sweet peanut sauce. Even with a bit of marinating time it is super quick and easy! Our Kare-Kare sauce provides instant flavor and saves time so that you can prepare this perfect summertime grilled dish and have more time to spend with folks you care about.
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into thin long strips
- 1/2 jar of Fila Manila Kare-Kare Simmer Sauce
- 7 oz (200ml) coconut milk - from a tin
- 1/2 jar of Fila Manila Kare-Kare Sauce
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- Fresh cilantro - chopped
- Roasted peanuts - roughly chopped
1) Prepare 8 wooden skewers (soaked in water to prevent burning)
2) Place the sliced chicken breast in a large bowl with the rest of the chicken marinade ingredients, cover, and refrigerate for at least 30 min (overnight is recommended)
3) In a separate bowl, combine all Satay Sauce ingredients and mix until blended
4) Take the skewers out of the water and give them a shake to remove excess water, then thread the chicken strips onto the skewers, and place the skewers on a plate.
5) Place the skewers on the grill and cook for 8-10 minutes brushing with a little Satay Sauce on each side. Grill until golden brown and chicken is fully cooked.
6) Top the skewers with fresh cilantro & peanuts. Add slices of chili for a fiery kick. Serve with the remaining Satay Sauce as a side dip. Enjoy!
Best served with coleslaw, cornbread, or other favorited BBQ side dish and an ice cold beverage. Enjoy! - jake