Kare-Kare (kah·reh kah·reh), is the Philippines’ delicious take on a hearty peanut-based stew. Creamy peanut, tangy coconut vinegar, date nectar, garlic, onion, and mild spices unite for a rich, savory, & slightly sweet celebration of Filipino flavors.
Kare-Kare is savory, peanut-based Filipino favorite served mostly during festivities. The dish has been with Filipinos for hundreds of years and hearty reputation has led it to become the star of town fiestas, family potlucks, and local Filipino restaurants. The uniqueness of the dish comes from its' use of peanuts to create a delicious savory flavor. Peanut-based dishes are a rarity in the world with exception of Filipino Kare-Kare and perhaps some dishes in Africa.
Regardless, Filipino Kare-Kare is a hearty, savory, and delicious dish that's best served with a mountain of steamed rice and a big appetite. Enjoy!
- Olive Oil
- 1 Jar Fila Manila Kare-Kare Simmer Sauce
- 1 lb. Cubed Beef (or sliced seitan or firm tofu for plant-based options)
- Pre-cooked veggies (baby bok choy, long beans, spinach, your choice!)
1) Turn on Instant Pot using the 'Sauté' option and heat up olive oil
2) Sear beef on all sides until brown
3) Pour in Fila Manila Kare-Kare Simmer Sauce on top of the beef, stir until beef is evenly coated with the sauce
4) Close & seal Instant Pot Lid
5) Turn on 'Pressure Cook' option and set for 22 minutes
6) Once the Instant Pot cycle is complete, wait until the natural release cycle is complete, should take about 10 to 15 minutes.
7) Release steam and open the lid
8) Serve over steamed rice and veggies
9) Bonus Points: Add Bagoong!
10) All done! -- eat
Serve with a mountain of steamed rice or with your favorite warm bread and an ice cold beverage. Instant Filipino Beef Caldereta--- so delicious and easy to make. Enjoy! - jake