ONE POT Pineapple Rum Glaze
As my dad would say, “Yes you heard me right! You can make summer BBQ even better with isla glaze.” This easy Isla Glaze is the perfect way to elevate your summer barbecues or weeknight meals. Keep the leftover glaze in the fridge anytime you need to jazz up protein and you’ll never have to worry about a bland dinner. Our team loves to use this on grilled shrimp, firm tofu, and seafood—but Isla Glaze tastes great on everything. During Christmas, glaze a ham for a Filipino twist on a holiday classic! This glaze makes roughly 10 servings, but we won’t stop you if you start to sprinkle it over your rice and veggies (or drinking it straight!)
- ½ cup of butter
- 1 tspn cornstarch
- 1 tspn grated lemon
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ⅓ cup of Fila Manila Isla Sauce
- 2 tbsp finely chopped onion
- 1 tspn soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- Melt butter in saucepan over low heat. Add cornstarch.
- Add remaining ingredients; cook 5 minutes over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Brush on choice of protein during last 5 minutes of grilling time. Heat remaining glaze in a saucepan and boil for one minute.