The Philippines’ delicious take on a hearty peanut-based stew. Creamy peanut, tangy coconut vinegar, date nectar, garlic, onion, and mild spices unite for a creamy, tangy, & slightly sweet celebration of Filipino flavors.
- Olive Oil
- 1 Jar Fila Manila Kare-Kare Simmer Sauce
- 20 oz. extra firm tofu (meat eater? sub pressure-cooked oxtail or beef)
- 1 cup long beans
- 1 cup grilled eggplant
- 1 cup bok choy
- 1 cup water
1) Heat up olive oil
2) Sear the tofu on both sides until crispy & golden
3) Pour in Fila Manila Kare-Kare Sauce
4) Add water to jar then shake and pour remaining sauce
5) Gently stir
6) Leave to simmer
7) Add beans, eggplant, & bokchoy
then simmer until cooked
8) All done!
9) Serve with warm rice and enjoy!