4-Ingredient Filipino Mushroom Adobo (Inspired by Kasama Restaurant in Chicago)
Kasama Restaurant in Chicago is the first Michelin-starred Filipino restaurant. One of the dishes that folks line up hours for is their Mushroom Adobo, a modern take on the iconic Filipino Adobo dish. This 4-ingredient, super easy Filipino Mushroom Adobo recipe uses our own award-winning Adobo Sauce and can be prepped and cooked in less than 30min.
Serve with steamed rice and pairs perfectly with scrambled eggs!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound mushrooms (oyster, maitake, beech, and shiitake will all work well individually or mixed) torn or roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic -or- 6 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 pouch Fila Manila Adobo Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat without any oil.
- Once the pan is warm, add a handful of mushrooms and sear to get some color. Work in batches and be careful not to overcrowd the pan, as the mushrooms will release liquid.
- When the mushrooms are browned, add the garlic and continue to cook until the garlic is golden brown.
- Add the contents of one pouch of Fila Manila Adobo sauce and reduce the sauce by half, or until desired thickness is achieved. Stir in the butter to emulsify the sauce.
- Serve the mushroom adobo with freshly steamed rice. Goes great with scrambled eggs and fried rice as well!