4-Ingredient Ube Babka Recipe
Ube Babka is one of the hottest baked items this holiday season! This 4-ingredient, super easy Ube Babka recipe uses ready-made croissant dough and our own award-winning Ube Spread that can be prepped and baked under one hour. This delicious Ube-filled babka made with crescent dough is sure to please at any party or makes a memorable gift that will put a smile on any Ube-lover's face. Serve slices warm with coffee, tea, or warm milk for a delicious holiday treat.
Proud to keep Ube real and natural. NO Ube Extract, No Red-3 or Red-40 dyes-- just pure Ube deliciousness.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 2 cans (8oz) refrigerated croissant dough sheet (uncut sheet is better)
- 1 pouch Fila Manila Ube Purple Yam Spread (or 2 pouches for extra Ube-ness)
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Fila Manila Ube Purple Yam Spread
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line 8x4-inch loaf pan with cooking parchment paper, or spray with cooking spray.
- In small bowl, mix powdered sugar, flour and Ube with fork or use fingers until the mixture is crumbly. Set aside.
- Unroll one dough sheet on work surface. Press or roll into 15x9-inch rectangle. Spread Fila Manila Ube evenly over dough sheet to within 1/4 inch of edges.
- Press remaining dough sheet into 15x9-inch rectangle. Place on top of Ube-topped dough sheet, stretching slightly to fit. Roll dough up starting at one long side; pinch seam to seal. Place seam side down on cutting board.
- Using sharp knife, slice dough lengthwise to within 1/2 inch from bottom of dough. Keeping cut sides up, bring ends together, braid dough together. Place in loaf pan. Sprinkle with crumb mixture.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until deep golden brown and dough is baked through. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan. Cool 1 hour. Carefully cut loaf using serrated knife.